#122: Wasted Time
I asked myself this question before, but I have not learned
- Let me tour these eight co-workings to make a good choice. That’s where I’ll work for the next six months.
- This apartment is too far away from the city center. I will place alerts for apartment searches.
- Should I get a gym membership for three or seven months? I’ll save $135.
- I should start getting that cash back in two weeks if I go to this grocery store.
- In May I’ll go on a trip and run a half-marathon.
Planning is a defense against the crash of human schemas done in an attempt to tame the inevitably uncertain future. Yes, a certain level of planning is needed. Yet, all that time I was planning, I wasn’t doing everything else I could be doing. My planning was justified but it was still shamelessly wasteful in the face of current changes. I asked myself this question before, but I have not learned. So I ask again: